Listen to This!
I am very excited about today’s show. It is the result of my recent quest to find Hemp CBD oil companies that don’t fit the predatory and sub-quality product model that I have all-to-often seen being promoted from within my Facebook group and on social media.
Today, I will be introducing one of the very few companies that I am wholeheartedly recommending and feel very comfortable with establishing an affiliate relationship with.
My guest for today is Mark MacAuley, the founder of KUSA, a relatively new, yet quite impressive producer of hemp CBD oil, lotions, shampoo and conditioners which are now available throughout the united states. His friends and customers know him as Dr. Mark.
Mark isn’t really a physician in real life, but the nickname stuck after people that knew about him began asking about ‘Dr, Mark’ and what new creations he was working on to help people live better healthier lives through the use of cannabinoid-based products.
Mark was a licensed medical marijuana caregiver in Maine before he moved to Oregon and started a line of lotions to treat pain topically as opposed to the usual smoking or vaping cannabis.
Mark’s products have been developed by following science, which I love, of course. He has intensely studied the science behind plant genetics of both cannabis and hemp, the expressions of phenotype, and medicinal compounds like terpenes and cannabinoids. Like him, I LOVE the geeky stuff.
Marks products are exceptionally pure and are tested at an FDA approved food testing lab for potency, pesticides, and to insure the products are consistent, sound, and ultimately safe.
Mark is a graduate of Keene State College and has degrees in Psychology and Chemical Dependency, and is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict for more than 25 years. Bottom line. He knows what he’s talking about and makes excellent products.
In this in-depth interview, mark talks extensively and honestly about hemp cbd oil and the differences between it and cannabis. Mark dispels a lot of myths and addresses a lot of the confusion about hemp CBD oil.
In the interview Mark discusses the following topics:
- Tell us a bit about who you are and what you do.
- Tell us the story of how you became interested in medical cannabis leading to your founding of Kusa.
- What kind of products do you produce?
- What sets your products apart from many of the other CBD oil companies that are available online?
- There’s a whole lot of confusion about hemp CBD oil. What is the legal definition of Hemp CBD oil? And what is it really.
- What are the differences between hemp and non-hemp oils?
- What is the importance of concentrations?
- What are the health benefits of CBD oil?
- Many CBD oil companies really downplay the importance of THC in their literature delegating it mostly to the bad boy in cannabis that gets you high. How important is THC and how does the very low percentage of THC in your CBD oil affect it’s efficacy?
- Can you talk about the difference between isolates and full spectrum concentrates?
- Does CBD oil have any side effects?
- How do you recommend that people approach dosing of cannabis?
- Is CBD oil effective for treating cancer?
- What do you see as the future of CBD?
- How can people get in touch with you and obtain your products online?
CLICK HERE to go to the KUSA website!
CLICK HERE to see Mark’s answers to my online questionnaire.
What We Believe
In the last few decades there has been a major shift towards chemicals and drugs to treat any number of physical conditions. When one of our founders searched for a natural way to help his mother with her eczema, he discovered an amazing array of natural ingredients that can target muscle soreness, joint pain, and much more without having to take potentially harmful drugs. At Kusa, we embrace a holistic approach to pain management using essential oils and tried and true natural remedies.
Our lotions contain a number of ingredients that can get you to healthier, smoother, younger looking skin and can help with the management of skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Sweet almond oil, sunflower oil, aloe vera gel, and shea butter are just a few of these amazing and beneficial ingredients. Chock full of natural vitamins your skin craves, these all natural ingredients nourish the skin and promote healthy growth. They also help seal moisture into your skin, sealing in those rejuvenating nutrients and protecting the skin without feeling greasy.
Our shampoo and conditioner also target common problems such as dry, brittle, or overly frizzy hair. Sage leaf, horsetail, ginseng root, rosemary and peppermint essential oils have all been found to be beneficial to the health of our hair. These ingredients can naturally promote hair growth, reduce hair loss, and help promote scalp health.
More than just healthier looking skin and hair, our products contain a number of ingredients that promote the natural management of pain and inflammation. Using arnica, calendula, almond, sunflower oils, and other plant extracts our products are ideal for anyone who is looking for a non-pharmaceutical option for targeted pain relief and inflammation reduction.
Although not an industry requirement, all of our products are thoroughly tested for pesticides, potency, and consistency by an FDA certified lab. Our products are then put through rigorous trial runs and used by not only ourselves but a broader group of volunteers with specific conditions to assure the products work effectively.