Listen to this!
In this episode, I am honored to have Dr. Karen Munkacy as my guest. Dr Munkacy, after years of preparation, launched the very first physician-owned medical cannabis dispensary in Massachusetts. This is a model that has set the standard for medical cannabis dispensaries.
In this interview, Dr. Munkacy talks in depth about the present state of the medical healthcare system in regards to cannabis. She provides us a unique perspective, from a doctors point of view, as well as a cancer survivor. Dr. Karen Munkacy is the founder and president of Garden Remedies, the only medical cannabis dispensary in Massachusetts founded and operated by a physician.
She is a former faculty member at UCLA and USC Medical Centers in Los Angeles, and has worked as a researcher and international medical consultant.
As a breast cancer survivor, Dr. Munkacy’s personal experience battling pain management ignited her passion and advocacy for medical cannabis , eventually leading her to start her own dispensary in 2016.
She has a very unique story to tell.
In the Interview Dr. Munkacy answers the following questions:
- You were diagnosed with breast cancer back in 2004. Will you tell us about your experience with chemotherapy, radiation and multiple surgeries and how this inspired you to take a serious look at medical cannabis?
- Do you think that chemotherapy can be an effective treatment for cancer?
- For many decades, the US medical community has been very reticent to embrace medical cannabis as a viable treatment option. In fact, I think it is only recently that medical schools started teaching students about the endocannabinoid system. So obviously, medical professional education is a very important key changing the medical landscape here in the US. So, where are doctors at now and how do you see this changing?
- Many people believe that the pharmaceutical industry has way too much influence on our health care system because of the influence and financial incentives that they provide to doctors. What is your view on this?
- You are an anesthesiologist and a pain management specialist. What would be your approach to treating somebody struggling with chronic pain with medical cannabis?
- Do you use medical cannabis yourself?
- Can you walk us through the process of obtaining medical cannabis through your dispensary?
- What is the future of medical cannabis?
- How has your dispensary been received by your community?
- What parting advice do you have for somebody who is suffering from a chronic condition that may be treated with medical cannabis, yet they are very reticent to try it?
CLICK HERE to go to Garden Remedies
CLICK HERE to contact Dr. Karen Munkacy
CLICK HERE to go to Garden Remedies Facebook Page
Wouldn’t you LOVE to learn how to make your own medicine?
If So than CLICK HERE!
CLICK HERE to request membership to The Medical Pot Guide Private Facebook Group!
IS MEDICAL CANNABIS RIGHT FOR YOU?
This new interactive PDF will guide you through the medical cannabis jungle!
The New Cannabis Patients Road-Map & Guide
This PDF contains an interactive road-map that will lead you through the many decisions that you may face when considering whether medical cannabis is right for you.
…also included is a new patients guide that will ensure that your first experience with cannabis is a good one!
…and of course I’ve included my 10 favorite strains of medical cannabis!
Don’t miss a single episode of the Medical Pot Guide Podcast
CLICK HERE to email Jim Jensen
Become a member of The Medical Pot Guide!
CLICK HERE for more information on the band Daytime NightLife!