Listen to This!
Today, I continue my series, the women of medical cannabis, with an intimate conversation with my very good friend Debbie Wilson PhD. Debbie has been on the forefront of women activism for decades.
I first saw Debbie speak at a United Patients Group Conference back in May of 2016, and I was captivated by her unbelievable story of triumph over severe physical and psychological traumas. Debbie is a 30-year survivor of several brain injuries, resulting in severely debilitating epilepsy and PTSD.
She has had 3 near-death experiences and broke her neck… twice!
Debbie has literally lost everything…her health, her organs and her memory, and if it wasn’t for her son, Cody, she would have been institutionalized.
But, instead of languishing in an institution, she inched her way back through a painfully slow, drug-addled, recovery to become a fierce activist for the rights of patients and people with disabilities. She fought and won a very high-profile court case, against one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. And along with that she went out and got herself a PhD, after being told that she’ll never be able to read or write again.
Then she discovered cannabis.
Cannabis has played an enormous part in her recovery, and still does. She has been able to become completely pharmaceutical free, thanks to cannabis, in both raw and in traditional form.
Debbie is a survivor and is one of the most inspirational people that I know. That’s why she has been featured on 3 of the Medical Pot Guide podcasts:
In this very candid conversation, Debbie shares her memories and lessons learned on her path toward healing. Listen to this poignant conversation and I guarantee that you will understand why I love and admire this amazing woman so much. In my opinion, she is a national treasure and medical cannabis owes her an enormous nod for her ever going contributions.
In this interview, Debbie talks about:
- How after 30 years, she is finally able to live on her own in a beautiful place in the country.
- A history of her injuries and recovery.
- how cannabis changed her life, including the protocols she’s presently taking.
- Her 3 near-death experiences.
- Her views on the progress of cannabis legalization.
- How she went from 44 pills per day to pharmaceutical FREE.
- Debbie and her quest for higher education leading to her PhD.
- Debbie’s ability to maintain a positive attitude despite unbelievable adversity.
- Her struggle to regain her ability to communicate.
- Why women have taken on such a strong role in the advancement and legalization of cannabis.
- Her battles with the government.
- How raw cannabis (THCa) has enabled her to be seizure-free for over 5 years.
- Social media.
- How her poetry has been instrumental in her recovery.
- THIS is what a seizure feels like.
CLICK HERE to go to Debbie’s website – Debbie’s Place
CLICK HERE to go to Debbie’s Facebook Page – Brain Injury Awareness
CLICK HERE to go to Debbie’s Facebook Page – Debbie M Wilson
As you can tell, I am very passionate about my mission to share the truth about medical cannabis with as many people as possible, so you found value in this podcast then please share it with your family and friends.
And, If you resonate with my mission and would really like to help support my efforts to provide to you the latest science-based truth about medical cannabis then you can do it for the price of a latte. Just go to my Patreon page at
You can also support my efforts for as little as $3 a month, less than the cost of a latte, by going to my Patreon page. You can even get some very cool perks for signing up. Check it out below!