Listen to This!
Joe Dolce, the author of Brave New Weed is my guest in episode 19. Joe is the former editor in chief of Details magazine. He spent 4 years and traveled the world to research and create Brave New Weed, his fascinating and entertaining look at the past, present, and future of cannabis. I loved his book and really enjoyed getting to know Joe, as I know that you will.
In the interview, Joe talks about:
- How he was first introduced to cannabis and why he stopped using it, only to start again decades later.
- What caused the prohibition on cannabis and why it has lasted for so long.
- How our government used popular media, particularly television shows and movies, to further their anti-cannabis propaganda.
- The reality on medical cannabis research and how strong the evidence is supporting the medical use of cannabis.
- How Israel became such a model for medical cannabis research on how they have incorporated it into their health-care system.
- How some of our scientific icons of the 20th century, such as Carl Sagan, used cannabis for enlightenment and self-discovery.
- How our consciousness changes when “The default mode network” is shut down.
- Micro-dosing and how that might change the way we look at both the medical and the recreational use of cannabis.
- Joe talks about his experience and personal findings from doing a “receptor cleanse” in order to ascertain if the use of cannabis had altered his brain, memory and ability to think clearly.
- Joe talks about what he would like as his legacy.