Listen to this show, and you’ll understand why it had such a profound affect on me and my life. Amanda is one of my favorite people. She’s very smart, articulate and passionate about the legal use of cannabis for everybody.
Amanda was instrumental in getting proposition 64 (AUMA) passed to legalize the adult use of cannabis here in California, which of course passed easily, and is now the law of the land here in California. I also interviewed Amanda way back in episode #2 where she talked about AUMA and its positive impact on California and the rest of the nation.
In this interview, Amanda covers many aspects of medical cannabis and provides excellent insights and advice for people who could benefit from it. Whether you’re a newcomer to medical cannabis or an experienced user, you will get a lot from this interview.
Amanda discusses the following topics:
• Her work with the Drug Policy Alliance
• How she become interested in medicinal marijuana
• The recent changes in federal policy and how it affects the medical marijuana industry
• Marijuana as a schedule 1 drug
• The social and economic effects of legalizing recreational marijuana
• The medicinal components of marijuana
• The urban myth of the two most well-known strains of marijuana – Sativa and Indica
• How marijuana affects the body and the mind
• The dangers of marijuana
• The present state of marijuana research for medicinal purposes
• Her experiences with how the use of medicinal marijuana has helped her and others with chronic conditions
• The different ways that marijuana can be consumed
• The biggest misconceptions that people have about marijuana
• Advice for anybody who may benefit from medicinal marijuana but is having a hard time resolving deep-seated biases