In episode 8, I am very pleased and honored to present this fascinating conversation with Corinne and John Malanca, founders of The United Patients Group. If you haven’t heard of the United Patients Group, than you are about to find out about THE premier resource for cannabis education and patient support in the world.
John and Corinne have created an amazing organization that is the go-to resource for people and their families, who are in desperate need of life-saving treatments, and need a hand to walk them through this ever-changing medical cannabis industry.
The United Patients Group is also a trusted educational resource which offers CME education courses and one-on-one consulting to physicians and medical institutions.
The United Patients Group has become the trusted educational resource for many organizations, companies and government agencies both in the US and abroad.
In the interview Corinne & John answer the following questions:
• Can you tell us about who you were and what your lives were like prior to your father’s diagnosis of cancer?
• Will you share with us the story of your fathers Cancer and how it led to your founding of the United Patients Group?
• What kind of support did you receive from the medical community?
• Let’s talk about the United Patients Group. What is it and what service does it provide?
• A very important hurdle in obtaining access to medical cannabis, even in states that it is legal, is educating the medical community as to the benefits of cannabis. If a patient’s doctor dismisses cannabis as being non-effective, it can discourage patients from pursuing this form of treatment and thus have very detrimental effects on the patient. How are you reaching out to educate doctors, nurses and even pharmacists?
• The United Patients Group has a seal of approval. What is it and what does it mean if an organization is able to obtain it?
• I attended The Medical Cannabis conference that was hosted by The United Patients Group last May and it was phenomenal. I was very impressed with the quality of your speakers and also with the number of medical professionals in the audience. I was literally brought to tears several times. Can you tell us bit about the highlights and talk about your plans for any future ones?
• What is your vision for the future of The United Patients Group?
• Just last week The United Patients Group sent an open letter and a video to Vice President Biden to encourage him to consider medical cannabis in his National Cancer Moonshot Initiative. Will you talk to us about that and how it has been received?
• California will be voting on legalizing cannabis for adult use in November AND it looks very likely that there may even be some movement to de-schedule cannabis prior to that. What are your hopes and concerns with the quickly changing landscape and how this may affect the future of cannabis both in California, the United States, and the rest of the world?
• Do you have any final thoughts that you’d like to share with our audience?
CLICK HERE to go to the United Patients Group website
CLICK HERE to contact the United Patients Group
CLICK HERE to go to the United Patients Group Medical Directory
CLICK HERE to see the video and open letter submitted to Vice President Joe Biden, for The National Cancer Moonshot Initiative
CLICK HERE for more information on the band Daytime NightLife!