Today, I’m very pleased and honored to have Tawnie Logan as my guest on the medical pot guide. Tawnie is the Executive Director of the Sonoma County Growers Alliance.
The mission of the SCGA is to educate, collaborate, and advocate for cannabis patients, cultivators and the community.
The SCGA works cooperatively with all individuals, businesses, and regulatory bodies to ensure that reasonable environmental, social and economic standards are set in place, helping cultivators within the community to participate and thrive responsibly.
In this interview, Tawnie puts a face on the cannabis growers of today and talks about their struggles of going from outlaw growers to legitimate businesses among a constantly shifting legal landscape.
You’ll want to hear this.
In the interview Tawnie answers the following questions:
- Will you share the story of how you went from a radio disc jockey to the director of the Sonoma county grower’s alliance.
- I, like a lot of people, used to think that most cannabis growers, particularly in California worked in secret, on huge fields hidden within the forests of northern California. So Tawnie, can you put a face on the cannabis growers of today, who they are, where they are, and how they work?
- We Californians can get pretty complacent and think that because medical cannabis is legal in California that the growers, collectives, dispensaries and users are for the most part safe from prosecution in California. Yet, There was a collective that was just busted by the FEDS up in your county. What is the reality of how dangerous it is now for the people trying to make a living in this industry?
- In November, the voters of California will have their voices heard as to the legalization of cannabis for adult use. If it passes, how do you think that it will change the landscape for the growers and users of cannabis?
- Lately, There has been a lot of talk and rumors about the DEA possibly rescheduling cannabis this summer. This could be a huge game-changer for good or make things much worse. What are some of your hopes and concerns when it comes to DE scheduling?
- The entire movement to legalize cannabis on both the state level and nationally seems to be growing by the hour and is being led by a force of very strong and very vocal women. Why do you think that women have taken the torch to such a degree for this cause?
- Do you have any advice or resources for people who would like to get involved to help in the efforts to legalize cannabis AND to protect the interests of the growers and cannabis workers?
CLICK HERE to go to the Sonoma County Growers Alliance
CLICK HERE to contact the Sonoma County Growers Alliance
CLICK HERE for more information on the band Daytime NightLife!