Listen to This!
Jess McKinney. co-owner of One Draw Two dispensary in Portland, Oregon, is my guest on episode 18.
Jess talks about the challenges of starting and running a dispensary and provides some great tips for you beginners on how to make your first trip to a dispensary a good one.
In this interview, Jess answers the following questions:
- What attracted you to the cannabis industry 15 years ago leading to you now owning your own medical cannabis dispensary?
- Can you tell us a bit about what kind of hoops you have to go through to open a dispensary in Oregon?
- Considering their recently stated hands-off policy, do you still feel legal threats from the Feds?
- How did the legalization of cannabis for “recreational” use affect Oregon’s medical cannabis program?
- What are the biggest challenges that you face with owning a dispensary?
- Can you talk a bit about the requirements in Oregon for dispensaries to test their products? How do people know that their medicine is safe?
- Are you able to provide advice to your customers for using cannabis products for their specific chronic conditions?
- What is the process that new clients can expect when walking into your medical cannabis dispensary, at least in Oregon?
- Do you have a delivery service?
Do you have any advice for first-time visitors to a medical cannabis dispensary?
- What are your most popular strains of medical cannabis?
- What recommendations and guidelines do you usually share with your customers for how to consume medical cannabis?
- What are the biggest misconceptions that most people have about medical cannabis?
- You are also an outspoken advocate for cannabis. What are your plans to get the word out?
- What do you see as the future of medical cannabis in Oregon and the United States?
CLICK HERE to go to One Draw Two medical cannabis dispensary in Leafley
CLICK HERE to send an email to the bud-meister at One Draw Two Medical Cannabis Dispensary in Portland, Oregon.
CLICK HERE to email Jim Jensen
CLICK HERE for more information on the band Daytime NightLife!